Wednesday 19 December 2012

on the edge of breath



on the edge
of breath
the centre point
balanced
on the knife edge
of existence 
the world breathes
through me

it's not a hobby
not a job
this is my life
my reason for living
the activity
that this body
is best suited to doing

I'm not 'expressing myself'
there's nothing 
inside
that I 'have to get out'
it's not me
that's the glory of it
I don't decide on these paintings
concoct them
cleverly situate them
along side
past works 
'contribute'
to the history of art

I bow down
to the shapes
and dreamscapes
of the natural world
stare deeply
into the lips
of a barnacle
clinging to a rock

trace
the archetypal 
shapes
of its myriad forms
drown
in the eternity
of its black
centre


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...